Permits, Licenses & Forms

Building Permit Form
  • Contact Stensland Inspections by phone or email.  The email address and phone number is provided on the form.
  • Any payment (check only) should be made to the City of St. Mary's Point and mailed to Stensland Inspections.  Mailing address is on the application form.


WA County Combine/Merge parcel form

REC-Merge-Application (



 Building Permit Application Form

St. Mary's Point Building Permit can be printed.  When completed please scan and send via email to Isaac at Stensland Inspections at:

The Building Inspector will then advise on fee pricing and where to send remittance.

He can also be reached via phone at: 651-436-7669 

Building Permit Application form for SMP Stensland Inspections - Buidling Inspector

 Planning & Zoning

The City's Zoning & Permit application provides for items such as; Variance, Conditional Use Permit, Grade & Fill Permit, Demolition Permit, Subdivision (minor & major) Planned Unit Development, ROW Permit, Garbage Hauler, etc.

The attached application may also require a fee submitted with the application. Please see the Fee Schedule (fees change annually - current fees will apply regardless of the Fee Schedule included here) and Setback information used in the community for zoning purpose.

ALL PERMITS are required to be presented to the City Clerk for processing.

Application for SMP Permits Zoning-Setbacks-Other
St. Croix Riverway Zoning awareness for the National Scenic Riverway
Fee schedule includes flat rate building permit Flat Rate Building Permits are for non-plan review projects

 Public Safety: Police & Fire & Animal Control

Washington County Sheriffs Office (WCSO) provides law enforcement for the City of St. Mary's Point.

For emergency please dial 911 for non-emergency please call 651-439-9381


Lower St. Croix Valley Fire District  - for emergency call 911 and non-emergency call 651-436-7033


Animal Control Officer, Britt Harmon.  Call 715-220-1332